Chiang Mai is a city in northern Thailand that is rich in culture and history, and there are many interesting places to visit there. Here are some of the top attractions you should visit:
1. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep: This is one of the most famous and important temples in Chiang Mai, located on a mountain overlooking the city. The temple is known for its golden chedi and stunning views. From there, you can see the whole city of Chiang Mai also.
2. Chiang Mai Old City: This walled city was once the center of the ancient Lanna Kingdom and is now a popular tourist destination. It's home to numerous temples, markets, and restaurants. Sunday Walking Street market is a well known one that connects two main gates of the old city.
3. Night Bazaar: This lively market is open every night and is a great place to shop for souvenirs, clothes, and handicrafts. There are also many street food vendors and live music performances. This is not just for shopping but also to meet the people and hanging out with friends.
4. Elephant Nature Park: This sanctuary is a great place to see rescued elephants in their natural habitat. Visitors can feed and bathe the elephants and learn about their conservation. Reopening after long period of closing because of Covid-19, this is one destination you must visit.
5. Doi Inthanon National Park: This park is home to Thailand's highest peak, Doi Inthanon, and offers hiking trails, waterfalls, and stunning views. You can also visit the twin pagodas, they also have small park at each pagoda.
6. Art in Paradise: This 3D art museum is a fun and interactive attraction that allows visitors to take photos with lifelike paintings and optical illusions. You can enjoy taking photos and have fun with friends and family.
7. Chiang Mai Zoo: This zoo is home to over 400 animal species, including pandas, tigers, and penguins. It also has an underwater aquarium which has a long underwater tunnel.
These are just a few locations of the many interesting places to visit in Chiang Mai, Thailand.